Tuesday 1 January 2013

Songs from Memories - part 2


I simply have too many songs and far too many memories to fit them into one post. But I've taken the ones I like the most ;)

Italy - Febuary 2010. These songs take me back to my trip to Varese with Jenny! We had the most amazing time and I think both of these songs take us right back to that point in time :D

FRESHERSSSS! Yup, the first week of uni. I have a very clear memory of Michele, Leigh and I dancing to "Mercy" in a club called the Garage. I was completely obsessed with this song at the time and I remember how excited we got when it came on ;)

I really don't even know where to start, and I couldn't possible name all of the songs which reminds me of Ios. As you may know I went to an island called Ios which is one of the many Greek islands. I went there and had the most amazing 10 days of my life. I remember the first time I heard "Ni**as in Paris" for real and actually enjoyed it: Jenny, Erik and I were dancing in a club called Rehab. It came on more times than I can count, and takes me back to Ios every time I hear it. "I Follow Rivers" --> The Irish Bar! Every night, when the club opened at 2 am we would all go there. This song along with many others came on. I have a whole separate Spotify playlist which only contains music from Ios - 37 tracks and 2 hours long haha, so you might understand why I'm not posting every single one! :)

      9. Bottlez - T-Pain, Detail + When I Dip - Bingo Players + Cry (Just a little) - Bingo Players
These three songs remind me of my crash-weekend trip to London back in October of this year. The songs remind me specifically of when Jenny and I were listening to music while getting ready to go out to Rubix (the union at her uni) on the Friday.

      10. I Found You - The Wanted + Ladi Dadi - Steve Aoki, Wynter Gordon (Tommy Trash remix) +  Lemme See - Usher feat. Rick Ross + Make it Bun Dem - Skrillex, Damian "Jr Gong" Marley + No Interruption - Hoodie Allen + One Day/Reckoning Song - Asaf Avidan, the Mojos + The Show Goes On - Lupe Fiasco 
All of these songs remind me of the many mornings I spent walking to uni. I pretty much always listen to music when I'm walking by myself and these songs, especially "The Show Goes On" reminds me of my first term of uni. They're almost all upbeat and have a nice sound which gets me excited and make me walk faster, which is good because I'm sometimes in a hurry ;)

Hope you enjoyed! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment