Friday 18 January 2013

Songs from Memories - part 3


212 - Azealia Banks, Lazy Jay
The first time I heard this song was on my 18th birthday. My friend Lina introduced it to me. With all songs, you have to get used to them and take your time to feel the rhythm. But after a few repeats of this song, I was loving it and it's now one of my favourites! This song doesn't remind me of a specific time, but it sure does make me happy!

Hard to Concentrate + Torture Me + If + Especially in Michigan + She's Only 18 - Red Hot Chili Peppers
For a long time, the Red Hot Chili Peppers have been one of my favourite bands - merely because I just love the sound of the bass which is present in pretty much every song as well as the sound of the lead singers voice, Anthony Kiedis. This takes me back to my last year of High School, specifically fall 2011. I would listen to their album Stadium Arcadium, while I was biking back and forth to school. It feels like a lifetime ago..

Queens of Noise + Hollywood + I Love Playin' With Fire - The Runaways
I started listening to the The Runaways after I saw the Movie The Runaways back in the summer of 2011.

Happiness Is A Warm Gun + All You Need Is LoveBecause + Across The Universe + While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Across The Universe (soundtrack)
I remember how I felt after watching this movie for the first time - I was very confused, and didn't really understand what I has just seen. Nonetheless, the covers of The Beatles songs in this movie are extraordinary! And almost every time my friend Helen and I see each other, we sing the song Because at least once, haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment