Wednesday 6 March 2013

Top 4 Places I've Visited!

1. Stockholm

I think Stockholm is a given to be one of my favourite places; it has so much to offer! One thing I also really like about Stockholm is that you'll never be bored - there is always something to do. A warm summer's day can be spent in one of the many parks with a picnic basket, a rainy day is the perfect opportunity to visit one of the many museums :)

2. London

I've visited London several times and every time I go, I fall even more in love than I did the other times. The last time I was in central London, I strolled around the streets of Covent Garden, SoHo, China Town, Picadilly and Leicester Square. I fell completely in love with the architecture, the shopping, bars and restaurants.
I'm the type of person who can't stand it when it's too crowded, I get a little claustrophobic and I get irritated with the people who won't get out of my way! That's why I have a hard time going shopping on Oxford street, where all of the tourists and what not are roaming around - there's just too much going on. However, I do believe that visiting this area is a must if it is your first time visiting.
London Tube map

3. Tuscany

Italy is home to me, and I think I will always have a strong connection to it throughout my life. During my nine years in Italy, my family and I went on several holidays down to the beautiful ToscanaThe best meals in my life have been consumed in this magnificent region and whenever I think of the food my mouth waters! Italy really does have the best food on earth <3
Another magnificent thing about tuscany are the omnipresent pine trees! They're beautiful and they're everywhere - they smell good as well. 

4. Barbados

The first time, and probably not the last time I visited Barbados was in December of 2011. My family and I went on a marvelous holiday over New Years and the first week of January. Visiting the Caribbean sea has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember, and now that I've had the chance to visit I want to go back! And I can cross it off my bucket list ;) If you ever get the chance the visit Barbados you simply must go to Oistin's Friday night's Fish Fry: On Friday night particularly, the big thing to do is go to the fish fry at Oistins Bay Gardens. The food is the main draw - excellent fish, (tuna, swordfish, marlin, mahi-mahi, flying fish), lobster, chicken etc served in an extremely informal setting. You can get your fish grilled or fried depending on which vendor you choose from. It's all cooked on the spot in front of you. Excellent Caribbean music performances are part of the experience as well!
Next time I would love to do a sailing tour around the beautiful blue water or maybe even a cruise - time will tell. But I will definitely go back again :)
Beautiful sunset every evening <3

View from our hotel balcony <3


Tip: To be able to fully experience a city, it must be visited several times. Visiting it once won't do you any good. I have quite recently realized this; f. ex. I think I will have to go back to London at least 3 more times to see and experience everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment