Thursday 25 September 2014

Madrid day 5


I have completely muddled up the days and don't know when or what we did anymore…
I have completely forgotten what day we had beer in las Huertas, and when we went to del Prado… Anyway, we did squeeze those things in our tight schedule.

Wednesday morning I woke up with the rest of them and we had breakfast. I packed my bag and got ready during the time Helen was washing up, getting ready and bossing the kids around. I said goodbye  to Helen and the kids. It was pretty emotional, as it always is. I don't know when I'm going to see Helen next, but I hope it's soon as I miss that girl whenever I'm not with her!
I headed over to the metro station to go to the airport. I got there in about half an hour of traveling, and had to walk about 1.5km to get to the actual check-in desk… Ridiculous amount of walking in my opinion.

I checked in, went through security and headed over to my gate. I popped into the bathroom to change into my jeans as I was preparing for the long and chilly flight ahead. After that I headed over to a café to purchase I panino and a bottle of water. For 7 bloody euros… I hate airports. They're outrageously expensive!

Our flight was delayed by about half an hour, no surprise there. I finally landed in Stockholm at seven or so, and briskly headed over to the bus which would take me directly to Fridhemsplan on Kungsholmen. I walked the short distance home and stopped by 7/11 to get a few snacks for myself as I wouldn't be able to get into the flat as nobody was home and I didn't have the keys with me…
Thankfully though, my mum arrived only after about half an hour of waiting and I actually managed to connect to our WiFi out in the hallway!

No comments:

Post a Comment