Monday 15 September 2014

Madrid day 3









At 9 o'clock on Monday morning I was woken up by Angel knocking on my door, telling me breakfast was ready. I headed out into the kitchen where Helen and Ester were waiting for me. Helen and I finished our breakfasts quite quickly, but as Helen has told me previously, the kids took quite a while to finish their minuscule breakfasts. After breakfast I helped clear up a bit and then I got ready for the day, which for some reason took about 2 hours.. I was faffing about with so many different things. Meanwhile the kids were doing their homework and playing 2048, while Helen was nagging them about finishing their homework before we headed to the park.
At 12 o'clock or so we were ready to head out to the park. It was quite hot today and within about 2 minutes I was already sweltering.. After half an hour at the park I decided to head to the pharmacy at the corner as I needed to get Compeed bandaids as I was feeling blisters coming. We didn't stay at the park for long after that. Once we got home we let the kids watch some TV while Helen and I prepared lunch. Which was absolutely delicious, but the kids took a long while to finish it, and they needed Helen's help. Shortly after we finished lunch Angel (dad) came back form work. This is when Helen and I decided to pop out for the day.

We headed to the underground which would take us to Parque del buen Retiro. This park reminded me so much of Giardini Estensi in Varese. We walked around for a bit before we decided to sit down in a café by the lake to have a Calippo. We then headed down towards the Crystal Palace which was absolutely incredible! This is by far my favourite building in the world. It was so incredibly beautiful and I was in awe the whole time we were there.
After a long rest of our legs, we headed towards the exit and headed up to Salamanca. One of Helen's favourite parts of Madrid. We wanted to get tapas at a tapas bar however, the one we finally ended up going into had really bad service. This is why we decided to just head back to Santiago Bernabeu and have tapas at a tapas bar right next to the stadium. One which we had discussed eating at one night.
The service was pretty bad again, but at least we finally got some food in us. We got back at about half eleven and decided to have a bit more to eat. We then went to bed and a brief hang-out in my room, before we went to bed at about one in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment