Thursday 25 September 2014

Madrid day 4

Somehow, I managed to drag myself out of bed in the morning when I was called for breakfast. After breakfast, homework, getting ready and general faffing about, we headed out to the park around noon. This time Laura from next door came along with us. It was nice to meet her as I know Helen and the kids hang out with her quite often. We only dat in the park for about 15 minutes before we headed over to an American candy shop across the street. We were all just window shopping but it must have looked quite funny to the public as we were literally staring at all of the sweet for about 15 minutes. We then headed to a flower shop on the corner to check out the pretty flowers. We then headed back home as we wanted to bake cookies.
Helen, Angel and Esther were in the kitchen making cookies while I was in the living room on the computer. I couldn't be anywhere near the kitchen as it was absolutely boiling in there. not only was it hot from the sun, but the oven was on and I felt like I was going to melt every time I went in there.

In the afternoon we headed over to Gran Via for some shopping. We went in a few stores such as Bershka, Pull & Bear, Zara and Stradivarius. Everytime we came out of the air-conditioned shops we were hit by the tremendous heat outside. It hit us like a slap in the face along with the sun blazing into our eyes, it was pretty horrible. After our wee shopping-spree we wanted to rent city bikes, but we couldn't as the only way you could do it was by buying an annual pass… Literally the dumbest idea I have ever heard of in my life. I mean I thought the whole point of having accessible city bikes around cities was so that people could get them whenever they wanted, plus it's great for tourists or lazy people like Helen and I. We were properly gutted that we couldn't go for a cycle ride, so instead we headed over to a little street adjacent to Plaza Mayor. My memory is really blurry, but I think this is what we did. Anyway, when Helen had been down that little street she had seen a shop that sold handmade leather satchels. We popped in and I found a small one that I liked. I paid for it and they kindly altered the strap for me.
We then headed around the neighborhood we were in, slowly making our way to la Reina Sofia. We walked around for a good long while before we finally got there.
After our look around in the museum we headed home for some dinner with the family. I think we went to bed fairly early that night as we were both exhausted from the late nights and miles of walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment