Monday 17 February 2014

My fail of the day


I'll set the scene for you before I begin my little story of what happened today at the gym.

The gym room at the Aberdeen Sports Village is attached to a corridor which leads down towards the changing rooms, squash rooms and a set of stairs to the entrance. To get through to the gym room, you have to scan your card to be able to pass through a barrier. On the way out, you press a button to open the barriers and let yourself out. Simple.
Not for me, as it turns out…
As Alice and I are exhausted from our successful workout, we decide to leave and head to the changing rooms. To get there, one must obviously pass through the barriers again, by pressing a button which opens the barrier. Simple.
I walk up to the button, press it, and keep walking, completely oblivious that I'm walking towards the wrong barrier, so I clumsily smash into the barrier (which is basically just a clear, plastic-gate-thing). I then have to turn around and hurry towards the correct barrier, which, of course, was swung open by the button I pressed. Meanwhile, Alice is hysterically laughing at my spastic moment, as well as the receptionists who saw the whole thing. A few heads were turned, and a few strange looks were exchanged, but the whole thing was quite funny in hindsight.

Oh, and this reminds me of this morning. While I was walking down the side-walk, I saw a little pebble. Perfect, I thought. I'll kick it along the path like a football, like I've done countless of times before. As I go to kick the little pebble, I instead, kick the heel of my other shoe and trip over myself. I didn't fall, thank God, but I did feel really stupid. Sadly, the pebble was left by itself on the sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment