Tuesday 4 February 2014

Aberystwyth

Hogwarts?



I set out to Aberystwyth (pronounced: Aber-ist-with), stopping off at Edinburgh Haymarket and Wolverhampton to change trains, early on Thursday morning. The train journey turned out to be a lot longer than what it should have been because my train from Edinburgh to Wolverhampton was delayed by about an hour… Which meant I had to wait another hour in Wolverhampton for the next train to Aber. So instead of arriving in Aber at 17.25, I arrived there at 19.25. Do you think I was sick of trains by that time?

Once in Aber, Helen and I walked the short distance to her cute little house merely three blocks away from the train station. I was relieved to hear it was so close. That evening we stayed in and made dinner and watched a Kick Ass before going to bed at around midnight. I had no energy to do anything but that.

On Friday morning/early afternoon we set out to see the sights of Aberystwyth. We walked around town with the many colourful houses, and took a stroll to the Pier and the beach.
Later that evening Helen and strolled over to Izzy's house for some pre-drinking with the rest of the gang before we headed out to a few pubs.

Saturday was spent in bed. Helen managed to move to the chair at her desk for a few hours, and a visit to Izzy's, but then receded back to her comfy bed. I watched three movies that day and did not move from the bed except to go to the powder room and the kitchen to fill up my water bottle.

At noon on Sunday, Helen and I had brunch at Costa before heading through town and up the long and steep hill to her uni. We took a quick tour of the campus and then proceeded to head down the hill through a path in the woods. Both Helen and I felt like we were hiking in the mountains like we have done so many times in Switzerland and Italy. We felt very nostalgic on the way down that steep path in the forest.
We headed to Morrisons for a quick food shop, and then to the pet shop to look at the cute rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, chinchillas etc. After that we headed home for yet another relaxed afternoon. Helen watched the rugby match (Ireland vs. Scotland) and I watched some YouTube videos, before Helen made a delicious dinner of salmon, carrot sticks and mash.

We woke up early on Monday morning, for I had a train to catch at 9.30. Helen took me to the train station, said goodbye and then went back to bed. I got back to Aberdeen at 19.00, thankfully with no delays or too much hassle.

Peace!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA I couldn't stop laughing!! We sound like psychopaths :D - Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, we pretty much are, so let's be real! ;) Miss you already :( xxx

      Delete