Wednesday 29 January 2014

University Experience

The phenomenal Sir Duncan Rice library. My favorite building in all of Aberdeen.


Pretty cool right?
How hard is it to balance your uni life and social life? 
They say that a university student has these three choices to choose from: social life, good grades or sleep. But you can only choose two. This is very true. Keeping a healthy balance between these three important aspects of life is hard, and at times, you'll have to focus more on one or two.
For example, these past two weeks during exam periods, I have focused more on my studies and sleep than on my social life. However, this coming week, I'll most likely just focus on my social life, and maybe a little bit of sleep ;) During the semester, time-management is crucial for your survival.

Pros/Cons of living in halls vs. living at home.
Personally I think living in university halls your first year of uni is important. It integrates you into the university life and it is a good way to meet new people.
Last year, I was living in my uni's student village, Hillhead Halls of Residence, which houses around 2,000 students. So you can imagine how many new faces you meet, parties you go to, friends you bump into and so forth. Living in halls felt like boarding school to me. Even though I lived in self-catered flats.

No comments:

Post a Comment