Saturday 14 December 2013

Queen B


On Friday morning my whole Facebook feed was jam-packed with posts about Beyoncé's newest album, which was released exclusively on iTunes. Physical copies are expected by 21st December. It is a visual album and includes 32 tracks; 14 new songs and 17 music videos.
I decided to have a listen, and the first song Pretty Hurts immediately caught my attention. I was really enjoying it, and went on to listen to the rest of the album.
The roster of collaborators includes Jay Z, Drake, Frank Ocean, Pharell Williams, Timbaland, her daughter Blue Ivy and more.
At the press release, Beyoncé said she was bored of releasing music the traditional way!
In my opinion, I think that this way of releasing new music is only possible by the biggest stars who have the biggest fan-base, just like Queen B. I like that she released it this way! It was unexpected and a surprise for many.

No comments:

Post a Comment