Thursday 12 December 2013

Funny Story

The beautiful library. My second home.

This shows how awkward my life can get:
Last week on Friday, when Katrina and I were in the library, something fairly awkward yet funny happened. We were sitting on the 4th floor studying. We decided to go down for a short coffee break, so we leave all of our stuff on the desks. After the coffee, we take the crammed lift back up. We walk out of the lift and head towards our desks when I hear Katrina say "We're on the 3rd floor." I didn't think much of it and told her "No, we were sitting on the 4th floor, remember?"
As we walk over to our desks, I see 4 people who have joined us at the seats next to ours. I walk to my desk and my stomach sinks. My stuff is gone; my computer, my books, my bag, everything. I look up at Katrina and she has the same look on her face. All of her things are gone as well.
Shit, I think, these new people have taken our stuff and hid it somewhere. I can see that they all exchange a look with each other, whilst giggling and smirking. I then ask the one who is closest to me "Do you know if anyone has taken our stuff?" she answers "No, sorry" with a smile on her face. I think, this can't be true.. they must have moved our stuff somewhere as a joke. 
I then look up at Katrina, and it hits me. We're on the wrong floor. We briskly walk away from the scene, and head towards the staircase, which is cut off from the rest of the quiet library - a safe-haven for when you want to laugh. Which is just what we did, we burst out laughing and notice the sign on the wall that says we're on the 3rd floor. We laugh even more and hurry up the stairs to the 4th floor, with our stuff, of course, still there.

The only reason I even thought we were on the 4th floor from the beginning is that the 3rd floor looks exactly like the 4th floor in my opinion. Same layout, same size. Not much is different. So it is easy to be mistaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment