Thursday 21 August 2014

Time


I don't think any song has made me feel as emotional as this song has.
As I was sitting on the sofa in the TV room, with the speakers blasting out some good tunes, Wait by M83 came on. As soon as it came on I leaned my head back on the sofa and closed my eyes.
This song makes me happy, sad, nostalgic, excited - all at the same time. How this is even possible, I have no idea. As the song was drawing to its close, I opened my eyes and looked out the window, only to realise that I had tears in my eyes. No song has ever made me feel this way before.

I found this song before sometime during the end of June, just before Helina came to visit. We played it a few times during the week she was here, and takes me back to that week with her.
I get especially attached to songs that remind me of cherished memories. For example, every time I play the playlist I have of all the songs from our time on Ios (Greece), I get extremely nostalgic and want to book a ticket back right in that instant!

No comments:

Post a Comment