Tuesday 12 August 2014

Our trip to the north

Early on Wednesday morning, my grandma, Oskar and I set out on our road trip up to Sollefteå, where my grandma is currently residing. The car journey went smoothly and we were all eager to get out of the car once we arrived. I spent a part of the afternoon napping, trying to recover from our grotesquely early morning. After dinner, Oskar and I went on a walk around Risön, which is right next to where my grandma is living.

The bridge you cross to get to Risön

Standard foot picture. My brother is truly baffled as to why I take these types of pictures, and to be honest, I don't know why I do.. Also, I am absolutely loving Oskar's "sock-tan" haha!

On Thursday we set out on an adventure up to Myre, which is situated right on Ågermanälven (a big river). We had a delicious lunch and then had a quick look around in the "loppis"
Our view at lunch



The old barn which had been redecorated into a small café/restaurant was decorated with charming old cans and bottles, as seen in the photo above


On Friday around noon, we headed up to Imnäs to visit my grandma's brother:
The view of the river from their cottage


After a day of fishing with Oskar, and watching Oskar swim in the river, I headed back up the hill to pick some raspberries. I have never seen so many raspberries in the same place in my life, I picked about half a litre in a matter of minutes and it wasn't even noticeable!

Of course one can't visit Imnäs without diving over to Skogsnäs and the best tomatoes and cucumbers on the planet! This is a greenhouse owned by a farmer where the locals come to handpick their vegetables. We have been coming here since we were children, and this time was no different, apart form the fact that the place had been plundered by a few people just before we arrived, leaving us with only a few tomatoes to take back home.

Oskar looks like Slenderman in this photo, cracks me up

I cannot express in words how insanely cool and dangerous this place feels. (This picture really doesn't do this place justice.) As I was standing there on the brink of the water, with the loud noise of the water gushing out, I felt so peaceful. It had been raining quite a lot over the past couple of days, and as a result they have to let some of the water out of the reservoir to maintain the water level

The view from my grandma's balcony out over the garden and river, and in the distance you can see the camping site.

Oskar and I drank many glasses of the homemade (it was actually purchased in the shop but it's homemade by a woman in the area) blackcurrant "saft" (cordial/squash).

We got home at around 19.20 on Sunday evening, and after dinner I headed out for drinks with Natalie and Juno

No comments:

Post a Comment