Sunday 27 July 2014

Heatwave

Snapped a quick photo of the pink clouds the other evening before I headed out

The heatwave that has struck Sweden has left its population in awe. It has even made me feel like I'm not in Sweden at all. It has been around 30 degrees for the past two and a half weeks, and it's bloody sweltering. It makes me a little upset that I have to work during this glorious heatwave, but I am grateful that I finish in the early hours of the afternoon, so I am able to quickly head home and enjoy the sun for the rest of the day, and perhaps a quick catch-up with a friend in town.

Even though I enjoy the sun and heat, I have to run inside for refuge when my body is clammy with sweat and my head all dizzy from the scorching sun. I chug a glass or two of cold water to quench my thirst and then head down into the wine cellar for refuge in the blissful 15 degree A.C. After a few minutes inside recovering from my my minor heatstroke, I head back outside to read a chapter or two of The Great Gatsby and then a nap in the shade to recover from my early mornings. 

I spend my weekends hanging around the house and the garden, sketching, reading, listening to music and drinking cold iced tea. In the evenings I either opt for a chilled dinner with the family or a few drinks with a couple of friends at Satin until the early hours of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment