Sunday 16 December 2012

UPDATE

Where to start?

At 13.00 on Saturday the 15th of December, I left for the airport. I was ready and checked in, and only needed to drop my bag off at the airport. Once I get to the counter, they tell me my flight to London Heathrow had been delayed by two hours and that I was going to miss my connection flight to Stockholm later that evening. They tell me to go stand in another queue along with the rest of the people from my flight and wait for my turn to get my tickets sorted. After waiting for an hour the only option they had for me was that I to go to London at 17.25 and sleep in a hotel for the night, and get the early morning flight out of Heathrow to Arlanda the next morning, as in today, Sunday 16th of December.
After a hectic day of rushing about at the airports, standing in numerous long queues for more than five hours in total, I was ready for a hot bath and a big bed. Thankfully, the hotel they put me had those and I was so relieved when I walked into my hotel room! I didn't sleep much, because I had to get up at 4.30 to get the 4.55 bus to Heathrow to catch my flight at 7.15
I was so excited when I looked outside my airplane window and saw the white landscape below - beautiful! When the plane landed I couldn't have been more relieved :')
All in all, I had been traveling for 22 hours until I got back home in Stockholm! -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment