Wednesday 7 December 2011

Pointe

Yesteday at my ballet lesson, my teacher told us that we were ready to go en pointe - I was overjoyed! I've been waiting for years to go en pointe. It's painful and hard work but I personally think of it as the most graceful and beautiful part of ballet. It takes years and years of practice to fully master it, but it's worth it.

Ballet dancers in Pointe shoes
Other than that, I'm going to be pretty busy with school before the winter break. I have several assignments to finish, as well as a psychology seminar tomorrow morning.
At 8.30 tomorrow, my class and I are going to have an early Christmas  party. We'll be munching on lussebullar, pepparkakor and sipping on Julmust. We've also arranged a Christmas gift exchange, so we all have to bring a little present. 

Have a lovely evening/day xx

-Sofia

2 comments:

  1. i've always wanted to do en pointe as well but i stopped doing ballet 10 years ago :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been my dream since I was four, haha. I have to start looking for the perfect slipper :D

    ReplyDelete