Saturday 10 December 2011

Khom Loi

Khom Loi's are sent up into the air throughout Thailand and certain parts of Laos and Burma, during the annual festival called Loi Krathong.
My cousins, aunt and uncle along with my own family had a mini-Christmas party tonight, where we exchanged gifts and ate turkey. We do this every year, before or after Christmas.
This year they brought two Khom Loi's with them for us to send up into the air.
Picture from Google
For more information go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loi_Krathong





-Sofia

4 comments:

  1. that's so beautiful! It reminds me of the movie 'Tangled'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen it! I shall investigate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's Disney! Who knew, ahha. Rapunzel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah yes, I see what you mean with the floating lights :)

    ReplyDelete