Tuesday 5 November 2013

November 5th


These past two weeks have been a very hard and sad time for me, which I'm not going to go into too much detail about. I have tried to live life as I normally do, but to be honest it is hard to just go about your day-to-day activities when you're not feeling yourself, and when nothing feels "normal" anymore.
I have been to the cinema with friends to cheer me up (we saw Bad Grandpa which was ridiculously funny!), I have been out (dressed up as Peter Griffin for Halloween), but most of all I have tried occupying myself with my essay and my report. I finally finished my organizational psychology essay on national culture in multicultural workforces on Sunday night and I am so thrilled, but now I have my research report to finish by next Tuesday.
Meanwhile, I am going home on Thursday morning and then back again on Sunday, which gives me little time to finish my report but I'll make it!

They say the step from first year to second year is big, but I never thought it would be this big of a leap. Throughout this term, I will have written three essays, two reports, two evaluation exercises (related to my psychology) and one presentation.
The reason why I am freaking out is because of the deadlines! Next week I have two deadlines on the same day. On the 25th I have a presentation, on the 28th I have a 2500 essay, on the 2nd of December I have a 1500 essay, and on the 10th I have my last research report due.
I don't often complain about these things so forgive me for sounding negative!

Tonight I'm off to the 7th floor of the library to watch the Bonfire night fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment