Wednesday 30 April 2014

Easter Break

I thought I would write a quick little recap of what my life has consisted of during my Eater break.

Once I got home from our weekend in London, I chilled in rainy Stockholm for two days. I strolled around the wet city, absorbing that special Stockholm-vibe that I always get when I am there. I ate some amazing food at several restaurants.
On the 2nd of April I took the train up to see my grandma. She cooked amazing food for me, I read my Game of Thrones book in the warm sun, we had a fabulous barbeque on the river. She has now sold her house and it was an emotional moment saying goodbye to that amazing place; the place where I spent most of my summers when I was a kid.
Two more days were spent in Stockholm doing practically the same thing as last time. I then took a short flight over to Helsinki. Jenny and Chris had flown over the day before, and for the majority of Wednesday we chilled in the house. Thursday we spent out in Helsinki, we went to Torni and Kamppi. Jenny and Chris baked cookies. We considered going to Tallinn on the Friday, but the boat is 2.5 hours one way, and in the end we decided that that was too long for us. On Friday night we watched Argo before we picked up Helina from the airport. The next morning Helen and I played badminton and then went into Helsinki for a quick shop and a bite to eat in Stockmann, before we headed over to the cinema to watch The Book Thief with Jenny, Chris, Roos and Naomi. I liked the movie, although it was quite sad. The highlight was probably a cute little german boy named Rudy (not in a weird way...). We then headed back to the Jacobson's for dinner with Roos' family and a ping-pong tournament.
I got back home in Örebro on Sunday night. Monday to Friday was spent chilling at home, shopping in town, eating sushi with mother, cycling around town in the sun, meeting up with Sangeet for a cuppa and a slice of cheesecake (which was phenomenal I might add), going out for dinner with family friends at an amazing restaurant, celebrating Easter on the Saturday with my parents and grandparents and then going out for drinks with Natalie in the evening (it felt like summer again, we were so happy!). On Sunday morning, my parents and I left for Stockholm, I drove half the way there before mother took over. I then left for Aberdeen early on Monday morning.

Stockholm

Getting back to Aberdeen felt very odd. Prior to the Easter break, I was just not feeling myself. I wasn't happy, I wasn't social and I was just fed up with university. Obviously, the break did help me a little bit and I feel revitalized for my last term of second year.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment