Wednesday 25 July 2012

Ios, Greece

Wow! That's the the word that pops up into my head if I had to describe my trip to Ios in one word. It was truly amazing to be able to spend ten days with a bunch of great friends. I don't think I'll ever forget this trip!
On the 11th of July, I woke up at the crack of dawn to catch a flight from Milan to Santorini, with 50 of my old classmates. Arriving on Santorini was the start of the crazy week! Once on the island, we rushed to the port, hopped on a ferry and in 45 minutes we were on the amazing and beautiful island of Ios! We all settled in our hotel rooms at Villa Mata (the hotel we were staying at) and headed for the beach, which was 50m from our hotel :D The sea and the beach was amazing, the only downside was that it was really close to the port, so every 20-30mins huge ferries would arrive and make lots of noise.
The first night out on Ios was truly remarkable, the nightlife commenced at midnight and carried on until the early hours of the morning (6am-7am)! I can't tell you about all the crazy things we did, or all the clubs we went to because there were so many!
Anyway, for the rest of the week our days consisted of sunbathing, eating, sleeping and partying! :)
The view from our balcony

Our beautiful peg line


The sea and the beach (the port is to the left)

Our messy room!

In my opinion, our room was the best. I was living with Xana and Jenny, and we had our own roof top!   If you scroll up again to the picture with the peg line you can see stair behind it, the was our private access to the roof! The view of the sunset up there was amazing :D

Hope you enjoyed this post! xx

-Sofia

2 comments:

  1. I'm starting to wonder whether I should've come...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, you really did miss out on a LOT of fun and crazy times! Oh the precious memories that will flood my brain whenever I'll think of Ios ;) xxx

      Delete