Tuesday 27 November 2012

Christmas 2012


Pepparkakshus
Glögg
Lussebullar

Today it's exactly 18 days until I go home and 28 days until Christmas!!
I don't think words can explain how excited I am to go home and celebrate Christmas with my family!
Hopefully, my mum and I can squeeze in a baking-day just before Christmas eve. Baking Lussebullar and Pepparkakor and other delicious pastries and food is one of my favourite things about Christmas.

Lussebulle or lussekatt are saffron buns made of a rich, sweet bun which is flavoured by saffron. The buns are baked into many traditional shaped, of which the ismplest if the reversed S-shape. they are traditionally eaten during Advent and especially on Lucia (St. Lucy's Day) on December 13th.
Glögg (mulled wine, or in German: Glühwein) is a beverage usually made of red wine (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) along with various spices such as cinnamon, cardamon, ginger, cloves and orange. It is usually served with raisins and almonds which you plop into the warm beverage. It is of course traditionally consumed around christmas, especially on Advent.

2 comments: